Sunday 20 December 2015

Crazy Crafters and Pootlers Blog Hop: Occasions Catalogue Sneak Peak


Hi, Thanks for stopping by Studio Emilie, and welcome to the Crazy Crafters / Pootlers Blog Hop for December. This month we are excited to show off our "2016 Occasions / Saleabration Sneak Peaks". We hope you find inspiration from the projects. You may be starting the blog hop here at Studio Emilie or you may have come from the person prior to me. Be sure to click on the next button further down to continue your journey on the blog hop.

This month we have some very exciting news in that we have the famous Pootles- Sam Donald and her lovely team playing along with us, all the way from the UK. We are thrilled they said yes to playing along, as Sam is very talented and has a following around the world. Thanks to Sam and her team.

For the blog hop I really wanted to make something special, so I decided an exploding box, for a baby shower, featuring the Love Blossoms paper stack. Believe it or not I only purchased 3 products to create the entire project; the paper stack (and I still had over half left over), the coordinating cardstock pack (of which I used 4 sheets of the Rose Red), and the Love Blossoms embellishment pack (the ribbon, pearls, sequins, mini bows, and 1 gold doily which I cut up) Keep in mind these products are available Jan 5. Plus you will need adhesive ofcourse, and I also used about half a sheet of white cardstock.
 
Straight up, I have a confession to make. As my regular blog readers will know I am currently unwell, and in fact bedridden. So I had to rope in my lovely husband Dan to actually make the box. And since he is good at math, and I knew I wanted to incorporate a 5 sided flower in the lid, I decided the box should be a pentagon


The rest of the project was so easy I literally made it in bed. (Poor Dan has been waking up with sequins and paper scraps stuck to him) The flower is an origami Kusudama flower. There are many online tutorials on how to make these. I simply slid a knotted ribbon through the centre before gluing the last section closed. The leaves I cut freehand.

 The box "explodes" to reveal a mini clothes line of handcut baby clothes.


When decorating the box I wanted to leave space for messages from friends, so I left some white squares to write on, decorated with little bibs and nappies (aka diapers, kimbies)


The completed box will not only surprise the mum-to-be but also the guests as they see their messages unveiled in such a spectacular fashion!!

In coming weeks I will post more closeups as well as a pdf template.

I hope you have enjoyed my little project, make sure you keep hopping for oodles of ideas and a look at all the lovely new products. Click the next button for heaps more fun!

Make sure that you keep hoping as there is so much inspiration yet to discover. Click on the next button below to get taken to the super talented Hannah McCurley's Blog Hop post.


     


 Love Em
  
Aussie visitors make sure you check out the massive Stampin'Up! End of Year Sale

 and make sure to select me "Em Robinson, Victoria" as your Australia wide demonstrator




22 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! that is the coolest idea ever!!! Well done Em and hubbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou Sam. And thanks for allowing us to play too

      Delete
  3. Love this project Em! And, dan is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, Em - this is amazing! I couldn't do this on my best of days - I can't believe what you've achieved from your sick bed - incredible! So beautiful! Congratulations to Dan too! PS Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have had the patience otherwise!! Thanks Steph

      Delete
  5. Such a clever idea! You have done so well Em. All the best with your recovery - and well done Dan - you are such a good husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is your bedridden work, I can wait to see what you come up with when you are well! So creative and great team work. You are amazing Em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Em and Dan.
    Hugs
    Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a card.....well done Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great little box! I love it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. That is a gorgeous box

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Em, absolutely stunning - I just love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous I love the origami flower

    ReplyDelete