Monday 9 March 2015

Weddings Part 1: Invitation Ideas


Dan and I have been married 10 years this year. I remember being SOOO excited about making our wedding invitations. At the time I lived in Melbourne, and my friend and I drove to the other side of the city in search of supplies. I picked an intricate design (3 fold, wrapper, handmade initials on the front) and then spent the next month putting them all together. I for to the stage where if I saw one more sheet of opalescent paper I thought I would vomit.

I wish I had know about Stampin'Up! back then!

Have you noticed the amazing range of wedding products they now stock. Not only supplies for making cards, but invites, table settings, thankyou notes, place cards! And you can even use the MDS program so you don't even need to touch a pair of scissors!

If you are looking for inspiration, check out the Annual Catalogue from page 60, or the Occasions catalogue which is packed with great ideas!

Even though I am not getting married, I thought it would be fun to play with invitation ideas to include in my 'sample pack' that I like to show new customers. When I saw the Irresistibly Yours paper (free in the Sale-a-bration) catalogue, I knew it would be perfect for what I had in mind. I used it to make the rosette (using this die) as well as the 'sash' behind it, layering with Pistachio Pudding and Basic Grey cardstocks. The sentiment comes from A Dozen Thoughts range, I chose it so that the invite would appeal to those looking for a wedding, engagement, even a high tea or a wedding shower.

If you know someone planning a wedding (or any occasion really) make sure you tell them to check out Stampin'Up!... you might just save them some more time so that they can use it dress shopping!

Look out later this week for a wedding card I have created with a similar theme.

Lots of love, Emilie




No comments:

Post a Comment